Wednesday, February 16, 2022

I'm the Main Character

 


Characters

Week 2 Post 1


The characters in my introduction are most likely going to be very limited. I want to keep the video simple, so that it is easily understandable, and the audience can obtain the message. 

I intend to be in the movie introduction, as the main character, as I relate to what my project is about. I will have one more, male, character who plays hockey. This person will serve as the initial conflict in my movie. I am considering having more male characters to depict the dominance of the gender in hockey. These characters will not be specifically highlighted, like the main boy character.

Originally, I had thought that the acting had to be up to par, but after researching, according to wtopnews, acting in sports films do not make or break the piece. In fact, sometimes the acting can be corny or over-the-top, and fit the movie. One thing that I also want to make sure is that the actors that I chose, know how to play the sport, as I do not want anybody getting injured. 

From my thoughts, I think that creating a tension between the characters is crucial, considering my intended purpose. According to reporter, Megan Cloherty, she believes that an important aspect is "Tension. An underdog story," which is perfect because my intentions are just that. Although considering my research, I think that the importance of my character is a crucial part of the introduction, being the only girl, amongst all boys in the sport of hockey. It is necessary to show my self-doubt, yet ambition and desire to succeed.

An underdog story example in a sports film, is Rudy. This is a 1993 production that focuses on the life of Rudy, small football player who was told he would never be play college football. Amongst all odds, he never gave up and ended up playing at his dream school, Notre Dame. More information about Rudy can be found here: Rudy

A short trailer for Rudy can also be seen below:

Rudy Short Trailer



Citations:

Mazzocchi, A. (2019, July 4). WTOP: Washington's Top News: DC, MD & VA News, Traffic & Weather. WTOP News. Retrieved February 16, 2022, from https://wtop.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unbreakable

Unbreakable Week 9 Post 3 Unbreakable