Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Switching it Up

 


Changing the Story

Week 4 Post 1


Throughout the thought processes of ideas for my film opening, I was always positive I wanted to focus on the sound and visual aspects. I wanted to make sure that my purpose was established and understood well. Although, after discussion, I had changed some parts of my project. Here is what I changed...

At the beginning I wanted the end of the opening to be me getting hurt by one of the boys trying to "push me" out of the sport. I had decided to change this because I did not want to have two different conflicts happening at once. These conflicts would be the gender inequality and an injury. In order to focus more on the gender inequality, I took out the injury part. This was swapped with the new idea I had thought of.

To explain this, many rinks offer hockey players the opportunity sort of like "free skate," but for hockey and most of the time not for free LOL. Most rinks, you pay and for whatever amount of time, you can play hockey with you friends, take a lesson, practice, etc. A lot of the time, while playing with your friends, teams are made and scrimmages for fun take place. The gender inequality is again brought to life when I ask to participate in the games that the boys are playing. They think I am not as good as them, cannot keep up, and do not want me playing on any of their teams. 

I decided to change this part of the film because instead of creating a whole other conflict of being hurt, I continued on what a girl may face in a boy dominated sport.

For me, I was lucky that I changed this early, that way further in the project I did not face any last-minute issues while trying to establish a new part of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unbreakable

Unbreakable Week 9 Post 3 Unbreakable