Thursday, March 10, 2022

Working Alone: Pros and Cons

 


Independent Working

Week 5 Post 2



Starting this project, I knew that I wanted to feel a connection to it and really make it someone I could relate to. I wanted it to be based on something that makes me unique, which has always been me playing hockey. Keeping this in mind, no one in the class has this in common with me, leading to me working alone. 

To be fair, this is not the only reason I wanted to work alone, I just prefer doing so. I think that I am able to pace myself, use my ideas, and ESPECIALLY NOT WORRY ABOUT SOMEONE NOT DOING THEIR WORK.

Like I had started to explain, there are pros to working alone, but there also cons. Here are some of the realizations I had made about this project...


PROS:

- The first thing to mention is not having to worry about someone not doing their work. I have this issue a lot when I work in groups. I am the type of person that does not necessarily trust that other people will do their part of a project, also do it right. Because of this, I would rather just do it on my own.

- I get to relate it to me. As I talked about before, I wanted to feel a connection to film so that I would one have more knowledge, and two be interested. It is kind of hard-to-find girl hockey players, especially in South Florida.

- Splitting the work is always a little difficult when working in a group. One person ALWAYS does more than another, and most of the time it is usually me, so I would rather just make it myself.

- ^ This relates to pacing a little, too. I get to go at my own pace and work on my own manner.

- I do not have to explain my thoughts and get to have my own visions.

- do not have to find mutual times to film or do work

- no extra communication

- no disagreements


CONS:

- No one to give input or ideas. Of course, it is easy to ask someone else a question, but it would be nice for extra ideas that has insight on the film.

- overload of work

- someone may be better at editing or filming 




Clearly, the pros outweigh the cons :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unbreakable

Unbreakable Week 9 Post 3 Unbreakable